||Kenwood's new TH-D7AG is equipped with a TNC and
provides the Ham radio enthusiast with a wide range of data communications
options. As well as simple packet operation using the AX.25 protocol,
there's APRS (Automatic Packet/ Position Reporting System), which is
gaining popularity world-wide for the transmission of positional data and
- APRS (Automatic Packet/Position Reporting System)
Using APRS, the TH-D7AG lets you transmit your co-ordinates to a friend,
who can then pinpoint your position using a map on a computer. APRS
software has been developed for a variety of platforms; however, what
makes the Data Communicator so special is that it enables APRS operation
without requiring a computer. And when you receive your friend's
positional data, you can display latitude/longitude, direction and
distance on your own Data Communicator.
- Positional/directional data
Just hook up to a GPS receiver and you can transmit your position
for automatic calculation of distance, current speed and heading with
icons, short comments or fixed messages. Manual input of latitude/longitude
is also permitted.
- Versatile massaging
Transmit alpha messages (up to 45 characters) and bulletins.
Alternatively, shorts comments (up to 20 characters) and fixed massages
(8 patterns) can be sent together with your positional data.
- Station list
Store received APRS data in up to 40 memory channels.
- Grid square locator display
- TX interval (0,5/1/2/3/5/10/20/30 min.)
- Packed pass selection for DigiPeat
- Weather station, Power Height Gain data (fixed
stations) & Object data reception
- Text superimpose function
Add your call sigh, RSV reports, messages (Eight text colors available).
- VC shutter
You can control a connected Visual Communicator (VC-H1) from your Data
Communicator to initiate transmission
- Fast FM
This high-speed transmission mode lets you send an image in 14 secs
- SSTV transmission mode selection (9 modes)
You can use any of the 8 standard SSTv modes, in addition to Fast FM.
- Dual receive for voice & image transmissions (VHF only)
As well as allowing you to enjoy both APRS and SSTV (with Kenwood's
VC-H1), the TH-D7E is fully equipped to provide the performance and
features you would expect of the latest generation of dual-band
- Built-in 1200/9600bps TNC (packed, 1 frame,256 bytes) complaint
with AX,25 protocol)
- High-speed (9600bps) PC-based packet communications for chat, BBS,
- Monitoring DX cluster
- Dual receive on same band (VHF only) for both voice and data (two
- Wide/narrow TX deviation (VHF only).
- Large (12 digits x 3 lines) dot-matrix LCD, mutiscroll key, menu
mode & other user-friendly features
- 200 memory channels with 8-character mamory name input
- 16 backlist keys
- Built-in CTCSS plus 1750Hz tone burst (38 EIA-standard subtone
- AIP (Advanced Intercept Point) (VHF only)
- 16-digit, 10 channel DTMF memory
- Auto repeater offset (144MHz)
- MIL-STD 810C/D/E water resistance/b>
- DC 13,8V input (built-in recharger)
- High-gain dual band antenna